Women who need help paying for family planning and women’s health services may qualify for assistance through the Arkansas Women’s Health Waiver. Since 1997, this program has been helping women who do not qualify for full Medicaid protect their gynecologic health and prevent unplanned pregnancies.
The waiver helps women take control of their reproductive lives and provides a dependable source of payment for their health care providers.
- You must be able to have children.
- You either do not have health insurance OR your health insurance does not include wellness benefits.
- Your family income is at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
- you cannot be on any other Medicaid program
- Only family planning services are covered. They include: physical exams, lab work, birth control, information about preventing HIV and STD’s, prescriptions for birth control, and follow-up visits.
- If you are over age 21, you may be able to get an operation to keep you from getting pregnant.
You may pick up an application at our front desk and return it there. You must complete and return it on the date of your visit in order for that days services to be covered if you qualify.
To learn more- contact your local health department, or the DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services) office in your county.